Sorry to disappoint anyone expecting something truely theatrical! I am just trying to make myself sound more interesting than I actually am.
The past 2 weeks has been taken up with making costumes (really more like adapting existing stuff) and painting furniture for a show I designed for a friend of mine. It was very low budget and only on for two nights last week at Oran Mhor. You can see the costumes on stage and read all about it in detail on my other blog if you are interested.
These are just a few very blurry pics (when are we going to get some sunshine?) of the costumes in my house that I took as I was working on them.
This is a lace dress which I repaired and added some embellishments to a la Gok. The slip is a nightie from BHS with a frill added to it.
This dress was bought 2nd hand and after altering to fit the actress I added fur trim - I have never stabbed myself with pins so much in my life - fur is terrible to work with and I broke 3 needles on the beaded fabric!!
The headdress was made from a variety of leftover bits and bobs and some feathers - cheap and easy to make but does the trick...
This week has been great so far - I am making like a demon in preparation for two events this weekend. It feels like a luxury to have so much time to devote to making and also to be enjoying it so much! Looking forward to the weekend - in hope rather than anticipation!